Easy Peasy Mango Protein Smoothie
You can pretty much find mangoes throughout the year these days, but when the Thai Mangoes are in season (June to Nov), you know its time to whip up some Mango Smoothies.
A welcome pick-me-up in the morning, but also refreshing to sip alongside spicy foods or after a sweaty workout. No matter what variety is available you want to be sure to use a ripe fresh mango for blending. Peel and cut the mangoes into cubes but don't throw away the pit. Save it to gnaw on the pit for a real treat.
The secret smoothie ingredient is frozen banana. It really acts like ice-cream when you use it in smoothies. It provides that deliciously cold thick milkshake kind of texture that is just so delicious!
Once you have all of the ingredients, it’s a simple as tossing everything into a high-powered blender and blending until creamy. Then pour your mango smoothie into a jar, pop in a straw and slurp up this creamy, sweet, delicious smoothie (and try not to get brain freeze). Enjoy!
- 1 serving of Protein Powder (vanilla or coconut)
- 1 fresh mango (about 250g), roughly chopped
- 1 frozen banana
- 250ml of milk (dairy or non-dairy, your choice)
- 1 cup of ice
Extra Tip: Buy a bit more mangoes and bananas and you can freeze them just as they become overripe. Cut them up and freeze them in individual servings so that you can pop them out of freezer as and when you need.
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is formed.
- For a thicker smoothie, add more ice or frozen banana. For a thinner smoothie, add more milk.