Smooth Avocado Protein Smoothie
Sometimes a great smoothie doesn't need a lot of ingredients. This awesome avocado banana smoothie blends up deliciously thick and creamy. Yum!
You only need 3 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to finish up a quick breakfast, a post run snack, or a simple hearty meal. Avocados are nature's Superfood - full of heart-healthy fats, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
Oh wait, there’s an added bonus..... you now have another way to get rid of overripe bananas, other than making banana bread.
Best made with frozen bananas, but you can use unfrozen ripe bananas as well. Just add more ice. Both the avocado and banana just make for the smoothest smoothie you'll ever drink. Delicious!
- 1 serve of 180 Nutrition Superfood Protein (whey or plant-based)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 frozen bananas
- 200ml of milk (dairy or non-dairy, your choice)
- Half cup of ice
- A tbsp of honey to taste (optional)
- A sprinkle of chia seeds (optional)
Extra Tip: Add more ice if you find it too thick and to make it deliciously chill for a hot day.
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is formed.
- Err on the side of using less liquid to begin with. You can always add more liquid to get to your desired consistency.